The World is a BEAUTIFUL Place

 Just some random photos of my journey these past weeks. Treating myself kindly, taking care of my inner Wild Child and Dictator has made the journey what I always dreamed it could be. Calm peaceful and happy. The journey to weigh loss has been like a jigsaw puzzle. Lots of little pieces and each one is important in its own way. For years I was missing the pieces that satisfied Wild child and Dictator. I think I always tried to deal with their needs with willpower which never ended happily ever after. Learning to embrace and appreciate them has created a harmonious lifestyle. Peace after decades of war. Really satisfying. 

In this area, the beach is very rocky with steep paths to the water. It’s a lovely place to walk the dog. The salty sea air is so delicious and the rhythm of the waves is like a heartbeat that connects me to our beautiful world. All my cares slip away as we walk. We saw fishing boats, surfers and families playing in the water. We met other dog walkers and people out enjoying the day. It refreshes my soul and washes away anything unpleasant in life. We need those moments today. Hope you find yours, too. 



All the beaches in California are public land. This home is on the rocks above the sand and surf. I always imagined that if I lived there I’d curl up in a chair and never move for a long time. Probably not good for my journey but wow what a beautiful place. 


Planting ornamental grasses is a thing here. These had feather soft fluff on their tips. 


Walked past some gorgeous homes and this gate caught my eye. It is so Grand it reminded me of pictures of European churches. 


What a grand entrance. The meaning of word Melontide stumped me. Don’t know if it’s their name or references something nautical. 


The Alice in Wonderland white rabbit amused me. I’m much too zen to have a cluttered landscape but I was sure I could find a spot for him. 

Dinner that night was takeout from a Mediterranean restaurant that makes THE BEST Salmon kabobs and a Greek salad. It’s across town and we were treated to the best sunset show on the way home. 

Homemade happiness. Highly recommended. 


Comments

  1. Lovely photos ❤️

    I miss the beach and the ocean. We have mountains and rivers here. Also nice, but not the same! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lakes and rivers are also wonderful playgrounds. Your kayaking adventures are so exciting. You are fearless in white water and feeling fearless is so awesome.

      Delete
  2. I love the white rabbit too, and like you even though I am not a fan of clutter I think I would clear out a special spot for him. Really lovely photos, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White rabbit would be close to the house so we could share tea.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for taking us along on your walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The journey is so much more satisfying with friends along the way. Sometimes the path gets rocky and a helping hand is most welcome. I’ve been so much happier since I changed my relationship to WC and D. Martha Beck’s book the 4 Day Win identified them and helped me change my relationship with them. Struggling is NOT failing. Struggling is a normal part of the journey. Talking with WC and D has helped me stay the course.

      Delete
  4. Your inner Wild Child has an eye for it! I claim "jinx" on the jigsaw puzzle analogy... I started a blog yesterday that has that as a theme, but I haven't finished or posted it... but trust me, I had that thought about when things seem out of whack, there's a puzzle piece missing!

    Have a great Monday, leading into another good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well great minds think alike they say and I’m proud to be included with you. Jigsaw pieces and missing pieces really help me visualize the journey issues. First you name it then you find a way to tame it and sometimes you just find a way to listen without anger.

      Delete
  5. Our home on the coast is so wonderful to explore...everyone deserves a picture of beauty every day. Sometimes we have to look very hard to find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding beautiful things has helped me not feel so overwhelmed by things beyond my control. I know I can always count on the ocean to calm my spirit. When you live this close, it would be such a shame to miss that perfect soul filling view.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for your post. My inner journey with Wild Child and Dictator has been life changing for me. I’ll send you a copy of one of my blogs explaining how it works for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Walk with me

Food for thought pun intended