Another favorite walk

Another favorite walk. Years ago I told my DH that I would fade completely away unless I saw the ocean at least once a month. The smell of the salty sea air reaches deep inside. Of course it’s beautiful but it affects me in so many different ways. It makes me want to be physically healthy, eat healthy and it always improves my attitude. 

Driving here this is the first view you see.



These rocks create tide pools where I remember walking with my kids and helping them discover the wonders of nature. If you enlarge this photo, you can see a large group of sea lions hunting. A very large group of them live nearby. This time of year brings lots of cloud cover to the beach communities.




If you enlarge this photo, you will see a large group of surfers on their boards. They are wearing black wet suits because the water temperature is 17.3C or 63F at this time of year. In September it will be about 10F warmer. I remember one year being at the beach when the air temperature and the water temperature were the same. That makes it very inviting to play in the water.

Thanks for joining me today. 












 


Comments

  1. Wonderful photos.. I was brought up near the sea ... so many memories..swimming..fishing... the smells and sights thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I haven’t seen a palm tree in real life since January 2016. I need to get back home for a visit in the next couple of years! LOL

    Thanks for the photos.

    Sea lions are kind of scary and aggressive. But seals are nice 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great reminders of how lovely it is to see the ocean. My sister lives along the Gulf of Mexico and I love sitting with her watching the dolphins go by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me miss the ocean. Living in the geographic center of the USA, I am plane flight or multi-days drive away from any ocean beach! I didn't set foot on one until I was in my 30's... and I love it. Last time I was on a beach was on the Gulf of Mexico, on my 60th birthday! So, maybe as we get better control of things and I start to feel safe about travel... have to get back to a beach!

    Meanwhile, lakes and kayaks for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognize Del Mar...right? I am with you! Ocean visions at least once a month! So lucky to live near the coast, no desire to live 'on the coast' as I prefer the inland sunshine most days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The World is a BEAUTIFUL Place

Walk with me

Food for thought pun intended