Finding the beauty

 Years ago, I thanked my DH for my boring life. I worked with 2 women whose lives resembled TV shows. Interesting but much too much drama. 

Today was an uneventful day. Went to the farmers market for fresh produce. Raspberries as big as your thumb. Strawberries that are fragrant and delicious. Green beans that are so fresh they are a treat. 

Stopped by DDs to drop off some items. She works from home so it was a short visit. Put dinner in the oven and took the dog for his walk. 






We’ve had some onshore weather patterns bring moisture to the area lately. The coast is cloudy, the inland valleys are clear and sunny. The clouds form in the coastal mountains. DH calls them Thunder Bumpers because the are unpleasant to fly through. They really are beautiful against the mountains. 

The COVID cases are on the rise here. We mask and distance. The isolation protocol is sadly required.

Inflation here has gone nuts here. Housing prices have gone up 25% over the past year. People are in bidding wars because there are few houses available. The cost is so high now I don’t know how young families can afford a house. More Inflation is expected with the hugh increase in government spending. They think in hundreds of billions which is beyond my understanding. Is $5 billion a bargain or a lot to spend on a bridge? 

Weighed in today and had a smaller than usual loss. I was thirsty all day (drank 70 ounces of water) so I think the takeout Middle Eastern Greek salad and Salmon kabob had way too much salt. Oh well. This too will pass.  




Comments

  1. Your anecdote at the beginning reminded me of the curse, “May you live in exciting times.”

    I agree, I prefer an uneventful existence! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the old Chinese curse or the modern take of “Save your drama for your mama.”

      Delete
  2. Me, three: drama is fine for the TV entertainment, or in a novel... not so great when you're living in the middle of it! Unfortunate that some look at it and see it as "normal". Boring is GOOD!

    And yes, the sodium-triggered water retention will pass! Keep on keepin' on, and those Farmer's Market finds sound like just the right amount of excitement for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farmers Market produce just seems fresher and lasts longer. The berries were awesome and the gr beans tender crisp. Life is so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The World is a BEAUTIFUL Place

Walk with me

Food for thought pun intended