Blessings in disguise

 Been missing for awhile. Sometimes life gets complicated. Nothing earth shattering (remember this word) just stuff. DD’s washer started dying and we helped her navigated fix or replace. She ultimately decided to replace. I kept reminding her that this is what she saved money for and it’s a good thing to spend it for needed items from time to time. 


Little Dusty had an upset tummy for a couple of days for unknown reasons. He’s all better now. 



I went walking near the ocean and put my wallet and phone in my pocket just in case I was once again overwhelmed by the beauty. This pair of jeans has been quite comfortable for quite awhile and suddenly they just would not stay up. Thankfully, DH carried the wallet for me. This required going through my closet in search of a smaller size. Just could find that size which created that awful thought of having to go and purchase new ones. The dressing room is as uncomfortable as the scale for me. It must be faced with the right attitude or I fall into “Poor me.” accompanied by food. Again, thankfully, Good fortune happens. I found some of Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans in the same size that fit like a size smaller. 





We went walking by the beach again. I remember saying it was so incredibly beautiful it filled my heart like it was a delicious as dessert. Driving home was uneventful until we were 2 exits from home. Remember that word shattering. A truck carrying large sheets of glass the size of a shower door had a mishap and somehow a sheet of glass came loose. We were the third car from the truck. The freeway was jam packed with no viable options. Strangely, the sheet of glass took flight. It sailed over the first two cars and hit the freeway in front of our car. There it broke into a million pieces that hit our car like a blinding blizzard and a momentary white out storm. We stopped on the side of the road and exchanged information with the driver. Since then, we have been getting estimates for a new windshield. Miraculously, that was the only damage. I thank God for whoever it was that created tempered glass. 

Bad fortune happens and good fortune happens. It shook us up but we’ve recovered. Those unexpected moments in life are surprising and distressing. It’s always good to look for the blessings because they are always there.  

Comments

  1. Wow! Yes they are and so glad to hear it was only your windshield that was damaged. Wonderful to catch up with you this morning. Have a great week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could have been so much worse. Your Guardian Angel was looking out for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad no one was injured! Inconvenience of getting a vehicle repaired is a pain, but so much better that people are OK!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The World is a BEAUTIFUL Place

Walk with me

Food for thought pun intended