A walk without Back pain is worth celebrating!

 Went for a beautiful walk. Dusty stopped and sniffed at every bush, tree and flower. DH and I chatted and WC took in all the eye candy. 

Looked up county statistics for Covid. Almost the entire county is in the purple tier with greater than 10% positive cases. Some areas are greater than 20%. Sadly that means we stay inside, safely isolated and healthy. Back to boredom buster car rides. 

California has gone back to recommending masks while indoors. The dueling needs of small businesses and public health makes mandates unpopular and somewhat unsuccessful. It’s everyone making the choice for themselves. Retirement on a fixed income means it doesn’t effect us financially but I watch others struggle mightily to stay afloat. It’s especially hard for restaurants and the hospitality industry. Our local government relies heavily on tourist dollars. 

I went a full mile today. I’ve been walking 1/4 mile daily but the sidewalk is a bit uneven and that’s a bother to my back. Flat walking is pain free. Before my PT I hurt walking to the bathroom so I’m definitely making progress. Besides, when you’re having a fun time pain is fleeting.

Now for your enjoyment, I’ll share may walk pictures.

Wonderful front porches in this neighborhood. 

Plenty of beautiful plants with bright colors.
Just a bush but the sun is so bright it looks amazing.
The doorway and window detail is from another time. Not sure if that kind of detail could be done today. 
I love books and adore these Free Library boxes. This one was so fun. 
I drive slowly like a little old retired lady. I do try to stay out of people’s way but drivers here often tailgate to encourage you to move over. Thought this bumper sticker was nice. 













 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The World is a BEAUTIFUL Place

Walk with me

Food for thought pun intended